Provide culinary education to students, professionals, and enthusiasts. Attract and develop workforce talent for our diverse hospitality industries. Strengthen and diversify the local economy. Promote community health and wellness with a focus on local food sources and sustainability.
A one-year program combining intensive classroom learning with hands on restaurant experience for students ready to launch a career in the culinary industry.
2 | Cooking Classes
Seasonal and relevant culinary experiences such as chef demonstrations, hands on cooking, skills development, wine tasting, and more.
We call the mountain sanctuary of Sun Valley, Idaho home. Our historic facility is over a century old. SVC has access to local industry professionals and year-round recreation. Experience the welcoming intersection and networking opportunities that come with a local mindset within a world-class resort destination.
We are hiring an Executive Chef!
To be considered for this position, SVC requires:
- Minimum 10 years experience as an Executive Chef
- Substantial experience in culinary education, ideally with both instructional and administrative experience
- Proven ability to lead
In addition, SVC recommends the following:
- Professional experience in multiple foodservice segments
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment
- Experience in non-vocational (enthusiast) cooking classes
- Bachelors or Master’s degree
- Professional certifications
Executive Chef Responsibilities include:
- Direct day-to-day culinary operations for both professional and enthusiast classes.
- Adapt professional curriculum as needed in partnership with the Dean
- Maintain operational budget
- Develop and deliver other innovative culinary activities as appropriate
- Support marketing, media, PR, and event activities as required
Paul Hineman has held diverse financial and operational leadership roles in the hospitality industry over the past 25 years. These companies include Pepsi, Planet Hollywood, Cracker Barrel, the National Restaurant Association, and First Watch Restaurants, where he recently served as CFO. He currently runs entrepreneur food conferences for the Revelry Group and resides in Sun Valley.
Chef Chris Koetke
Chef Chris will design curriculums, teach courses, and provide higher education expertise as Dean of SVC. He was most recently VP of Strategy after 20 years at the Kendall College of Culinary Arts in Chicago, as well as VP of Laureate International Universities where he directed all aspects of the culinary programs for 48 campuses with 10,000 students in 12 countries. He is a bona fide celebrity chef who hosted an Emmy award nominated national TV cooking show “Lets Dish” and is an active member of a myriad of food and culinary groups.
Director of Marketing and Events
Growing up commercial fishing for king crab, cod and pollock in the Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands, Karl Uri has been part of the sustainable food movement his entire life. Karl spent the last 15 years working in Foodservice & Retail marketing roles for the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute in Seattle, WA while also maintaining a second home life here in Warm Springs. Karl is happy to finally call Sun Valley his home and continues to look for connections between SVC and our local food community.
Harry Griffith (Chair)
Jill Gosden Pollock